has always been commited to keep your data safe and secure while providing you with an outstanding shopping experience. We want you to be in safe hands and have no interest in profiting from your personal data in any form. Never had, never will.
Laws, particularly from the EU, are getting ever stricter as time goes by and while there is no change in how we operate, we will summarise the key points for you below again.
Use of Google (Universal) Analytics
Our website is using Google (Universal) Analytics which is a marketing tool from Google. This tool allows an analysis of how users are interacting with our website. The generated data are normally stored by Google on servers in the United States.
You can disable the data collection and data processing by Google by downloading and installing the following Browser-Plugin:
Alternatively, you can click This Link to Stop the Data Collection By Google.
With effect of the 25th of May, it is now a legal requirement that any business that processes personal data from EU citizens comply with the GDPR Data Protection Act. Below are the key points of what data we collect, what we do with it and your rights:
- We store your personal data, that is name, address, e-mail and phone number on our system for order processing;
- Further, we store order relevant data, e.g. articles ordered, quantity, price paid, chosen delivery service, chosen payment method, language used on the website;
- Your data is not shared, sold, made publicly available, etc. to anyone. We only pass your data on to law enforcement if ordered to do so by court, and to relevant parties in order to provide you with the service requested – see next point;
- We share your data (name, address, phone number and e-mail) with delivery companies, so that your order can be delivered to you or the intended recipient. This may either be the postal services or a courier. This data is solely shared for the purpose of enabling the delivery of your order to you or the recipient;
- If you opt-in for our newsletters, then your e-mail and name (but not address or phone number) is collected by MailChimp, our service provider for sending out our newsletters;
- We will only contact you with updates to your order or if there is any other genuine need to get in touch with you, like informing you of issues with your order, etc. You will not hear from us for marketing reasons, unless you gave prior consent to it;
- Our newsletter and marketing e-mails are sent via the provider MailChimp. You will only receive our newsletter if you signed up for it. You have to actively give consent and you are not automatically subscribed;
- You can opt out to receive our newsletter at any time, by either clicking the unsubscribe link in our marketing / newsletter e-mails, or sending us an e-mail and we will manually remove you from the mailing list;
- We do not store (nor do we ever get hold of) your full card information;
- You have the right to be told what information we hold about you. As mentioned above, this is usually your and/or the recipient’s name, address, phone number and e-mail, as well as order related details;
- You have the right to be forgotten. You can ask us to delete any information we hold about you. However, we will have to keep order relevant records to comply with laws regarding record keeping;
Our website is using plugins from 3rd party providers. At present, we only use Google (Universal) Analytics (see above) but we may also make use of Plugins from other providers, like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube.